11 June 2011

Saturday Poetry Blogging

I'm shamelessly stealing this idea from the brilliant Hecate. The following is one of my favorites from Emily Dickinson. I've always been drawn to her poetry for several reasons: her poems are mostly short and sweet and that appeals to me. Her poetry also reveals a sense of humor and a love of nature, two things I can easily get behind. All in all, she's probably my favorite female poet. Enjoy.

I'm nobody! Who are you?
Are you nobody, too?
Then there's a pair of us -- don't tell!
They'd banish -- you know!

How dreary to be somebody!
How public like a frog
To tell one's name the livelong day
To an admiring bog!

3 comments:

Tania said...

I love poetry also. I have been writing it since I was younger. Looking at your blog gives me the confidence to add one of my poems.
http://brand19922006.blogspot.com/

Griffin said...

Well if you like poems short and funny, try Ogden Nash too. Some of his are just like that.

I love poetry too, especially sonnets... and not just Old Bill's.

Try reading the Bronte's poems and read them aloud. You might also like the poems of Arthur Rimbaud a 19th century French poet, very different from Baudelaire, but just as good.

Glad you're back too... missed ya.

xx

evm3217 said...

I love Emily Dickinson!! She is one of my favorite poets!!