24 September 2007

Mabon with Friends

Ah, the autumn equinox, the official beginning of the fall. I actually celebrated the day twice with two different groups of pagan friends, which is something I haven't done in a long while. We had a great barbecue here at home with all sorts of homegrown vegetables as well as smoked ham, fried okra, mashed potatoes, garlic bread and other foods. And except for me drinking too much beer on an empty stomach it went really well. It was warm outside but not too uncomfortable. The only irritating thing was the flies that loved all of our food. My pagan friends from around home are going to get the group going again now that some of their other pressing obligations have simmered down.

On the actual day of the equinox I got to reconnect with some good friends from Springfield that I hadn't seen in several years. We had had an unpleasant falling out back in the day and it was great to see them again. I had co-founded a women's circle with the two women there and it was just awesome to see them again. We had wonderful food with two different kinds of salad, garlic bread and a wonderful pork roast cooked in red wine and cranberries. It's a 45 minute schlep to see them but it's well worth it. I'm hoping to see them on a regular basis and maybe form a new women's group with them.

Even though the temperatures are still quite warm and we've still got the air conditioners running I'm filled with a calm hope that me and my pagan friends, from here and Springfield, have great things ahead of us and that this autumn will be the beginning of some real growth.

No comments: