13 August 2007

Illness and Magical Energy

I've been sick with bronchitis and, as much as I wanted to, I haven't been able to drag myself to my altar to even beg for healing energy. There have been times when I was sick but not so sick that I couldn't work a little magic to help speed my healing. But not this time. I was so sick that I did what I only do when I'm really ill. I became so emotionally and psychologically drained that I broke down and had a good cry or two. I always do that when I'm really sick; I feel depressed and sad and just feel the need to cry.

I don't know why exactly, other than that there is some obvious mind-body connection within me but that it might be messed up a little. Does anyone else get like this when ill? And what are your thoughts about ritual work during times of sickness? If it's physically possible is it even advisable? I tend to think that it should be avoided unless absolutely necessary because it just seems logical that any magic performed would be automatically weak and therefore have little effect.

No comments: