11 July 2009

Subtle Rays


Click image(s) for larger version(s).

Once again I marvel at the fascinating and freaky formations clouds manage to get themselves into. Or rather, I marvel at the winds, humidity and heights that create the never ending variety of cloud formations. This is another sunset view from these hills; I can't seem to get enough of them lately. I've often said, and I really mean it, that the autumn is my favorite time of year for cloud photography. And that's mostly because the sky is such a vivid, brilliant, deep blue. But nothing beats the summertime for striking sunsets. I guess it's all the moisture in the air that makes for such beautiful and unique views. I also imagine that at least part of my love of summertime sunsets is due to the fact that once the sun goes down, the temperature does too.

No comments: