23 May 2009

Up There


Click for larger version.

This is our tulip poplar. It's in bloom right now but you can't tell from this shot, sorry. There will be more to follow as I'm hearing a loud call to turn my obsessive attention away from clouds and to trees for a change. I've always loved the look and idea of sunlight through fresh green leaves. Not only does it produce beautiful shades of green but the very idea of the life giving light streaming through the branches of some of it's most majestic children makes me feel, all at once, insignificant and also an important part of the whole.

4 comments:

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Somehow I missed this one last nite-- thinking all the pictures one post.

As a Druid... alls I can say is... WOW!!!
Such beauty...

You have great perspective, Lady Livia...

Thanks for the 'eye'...

Mike Young said...

Clouds are good...trees are good. You should have seen the massive pin oaks I saw today. I have never seen such giants. Why do trees grow so large in cemetary's?

Have a great weekend!

Mike

Livia Indica said...

Hi Mike! I think there's two reasons trees grow so large in cemeteries. It's perhaps partly because bodies make such good fertilizer but mostly because the trees are left to their own devices for so long.

Just lovin' trees lately.

Livia Indica said...

Hi Mike! I think there's two reasons trees grow so large in cemeteries. It's perhaps partly because bodies make such good fertilizer but mostly because the trees are left to their own devices for so long.

Just lovin' trees lately.