23 June 2008

George Carlin


George Carlin 1937-2008

If you read your history you know that god is one of the leading causes of death and has been for thousands of years. Hindus, Moslems, Christians, Jews, all taking turns killing one another, because god told them it was a good idea. The sword of god, the blood of the lamb, vengeance is mine, onward Christian soldiers. Millions of dead motherfuckers! All because they gave the wrong answer to the god question.
"Do you believe in God?"
"No."
"Boom, dead!"
"Do you believe in God?"
"Yes."
"Do you believe in my god?"
"No."
"Boom, dead!"
"My god has a bigger dick than your god."
For thousands of years all the bloodiest and most brutal wars have been based on religious hatred. Which of course, is fine with me; anytime "holy" people are killing one another, I'm a happy guy......but please, don't kill each other and give me that shit about sanctity of life."


I know it's a cliche but the world has suffered a terrible loss. Many people say he was second only to Lenny Bruce but he was tops with me. I will miss him.

When discussing the possibility of an afterlife Carlin had this to say: "I do believe in the survivability of the human spirit. We were all part of a giant explosion once, and we've come a long way. The incredible distances of past and future internal time, the history of this whole fucking, vibrating, internal resonating mother mass - that's what I read and think about more than anything else."

For more excerpts check out fUSION Anomaly.

No comments: